40,000 words of 2nd draft reached!

A battling milestone this.  What began as a hefty revision of the first draft of my current WIP (working title – The Embers of Danu) has turned into a painful, but necessary rewrite. I tried to avoid it, I really did, but ultimately there had been too many deviations from my main outline. One perhaps I could have handled, but there’s at least three total direction changes that I’ve clocked so far. I think that’s it, but it’s enough to drive me to the decision I have made.

So – I’ve now got a second word doc, a revised outline, and I’m now plodding through the second draft. Many darlings have been killed. Much fat has been trimmed. It’s looking a lot better, but it’s not an experience I want to go through again.

In my head my next WIP is already forming, and this time I aim to complete a much more thorough outline. It turns out being a gardener isn’t for me…

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s